Outrebois

H0, French


Description
     The line was built during the First World War to link the Cote de Opale to the important junction at Doullon. After the war part of the line was retained to serve the Authie Valley west of Doullon. The layout is set in the prosperous 1950ís to mid 1960ís when the line was served by a frequent train service. In practise, the Valley has developed without the help of the Authie Valley Railway. Several minor cross-country lines crossed the valley with Doullon being a locally important junction. These lines have lost their passenger service mostly in 1938 and subsequently closed to freight. Their routes are now partly used as a footpath.