Description the Clun Valley Tramway was built into the Valley to serve and develop the quarries in the area. In the late 1860ís the Tramway was taken over by the Shrewsbury & Hereford Railway. The tramway was cheaply converted to a goods line and despite campaigns for a passenger service it remained that way till the 1896 Light Railway Act made a passenger services viable. So in 1906 low level platforms were inserted and a passenger service started. The LMS influence insured that halt platforms were not replaced by high level timber platforms. In 1923 the grouping meant ownership of the Shrewsbury & Hereford Railway was placed in the hands of the LMS and GWR with the latter company providing most of the services. The railway beyond Clun never had a passenger service and was closed in 1931 following the closure of the quarries further up the valley. The layout is set in 1938 with the timetable is at its not very high peek. The line is operated on a one train in steam basis so is signalling only at the Junction.